Social & Networking Events:
31½ Annual Calgary Section Golf Tournament
Date: Thursday, 24 June 2021
Location: Valley Ridge Golf Club
Time: 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
REDUCED PRICING: $175 SPE Members
REDUCED PRICING: $200 Non-Member
Join your SPE Calgary Section for our 31½
annual golf tournament. Having missed out on last year, we hope to welcome back golfers with our 31 ½ year to make up for lost time! The day includes the use of the driving range, a BBQ Lunch followed by 18 holes of golf and ends with dinner and prizes [pending COVID-19 restrictions in June].
This is an excellent socially distant networking opportunity and a chance to catch up with old friends.
This tournament is in high demand and sells out each year. Find your teams early and don't miss out! NOTE:
- It will NOT be a shot gun start to avoid congregating.
- We will be starting on holes 1 and 10 with a cross over, still best ball tournament that is open to all skill levels.
- The first tee times will be 1:00pm and to spread out attendees, the driving range will be open 30-45 minutes before your tee time.
- An outdoor BBQ lunch provided before you start your round.
- There is an option to have a cart per player at no extra charge, please reserve ahead of time.
- Dinner will be served at the end of your round with some time for socially distant networking. [pending COVID-19 restrictions in June].
- COVID-19 restrictions in June will dictate the capacity for the clubhouse, driving range and golf course and we will adjust the programs as needed.
We have planned this event early to be proactive in providing our members with a socially distant outdoor networking event in anticipation of current COVID-19 gathering restrictions being revised. We are committed to providing value to our members in hosting our events within provincial health and safety guidelines. Due to the changing provincial guidelines regarding COVID-19, details of the event may be changed or modified to abide with all COVID-19 policies and restrictions.
For the Valley Ridge Golf course re launch considerations & COVID-19 policies please visit their website here.
This event is planned assuming that COVID-19 gathering restrictions will be revised by June. We are still quite a bit away from the tournament date, so we ask that you be flexible as things may change as the current provincial guidelines and restrictions evolve. At the time of the tournament, our event will follow ALL provincial COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines. At this time (March 1, 2021), the current gathering restrictions dictate NO indoor gatherings and a max of 10 people for outdoor gatherings with no indoor component. We have addressed any potential concerns below to ensure that this event is safe and within guidelines. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Will there be any organized activities?
- We will plan to hold the BBQ lunch and dinner and will evaluate this activity as per provincial restrictions in June.
- There will be no Shot gun start and the numbers per hole will be evaluated based on provincial restrictions in June.
- What are you doing to ensure participants are social distancing and following covid-19 protocols?
- The golf course and participants will follow all mandatory mask guidelines.
- There will be no shot-gun start and tee times will be staggered.
- Golfers will be able to reserve a cart per player at no extra charge to avoid gathering outside of their household or cohort.
- Driving range capacity will be pending COVID-19 provincial restrictions in June.
- The BBQ lunch and dinner will be buffet-style and will be served by the caterers to avoid sharing of utensils. Capacity inside the clubhouse will be pending COVID-19 provincial restrictions in June. The option for individually packaged meals will also be evaluated if needed.
- All hole sponsors will be briefed on COVID-19 expectations and abide by all restrictions with respect to mask policies, outdoor gathering capacities, contactless activities and social distancing restrictions.
What precautions are you taking to ensure this event complies with COVID-19 restrictions?
All current provincial COVID-19 guidelines and policies must be followed by all participants. There will be a screening questionnaire and waiver sent out 48 hours prior to the event to acknowledge COVID-19 policies.
- We have an agreement with the golf course for a full refund should this activity (including outdoor gatherings and sports) still be restricted in June.
- The agreement also allows each participant to reserve their own cart free of charge (please request this in advance) in case gatherings outside of the household are still prohibited.
- Dining restrictions will also be evaluated in June to determine whether meals will be served or individually boxed.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy:
In the event that the current provincial COVID-19 guidelines change and do not allow the golf tournament to move forward, you will receive a full refund for your registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Cancellations and refunds will also be issued if:
- The venue is forced to close or capacity restrictions limit the number of attendees. In this case, attendees will be selected based on time of registration.
- Individuals have a mandated self-isolation
- Participant does not successfully pass the screening questions.
- Provincial guidelines change prohibiting the activity.