Annual SPE Calgary Section Golf Tournament
Become a noticeable member of the Calgary community by supporting a fundraiser for the SPE Calgary Section Educational Initiatives. Get exposure for your company in one of the most unique opportunities to meet and network with other professionals in the oil and gas industry
SPE Calgary is proud to host the Annual Golf Tournament at Valley Ridge Golf Club. The SPE tournament is one of the largest industry-sponsored golfing events specifically for engineers in the Calgary area.
As always, corporate sponsorship plays an important role in supporting this event. It has been decided that all sponsorship fees have been further reduced this year. The ultimate goal of the tournament is to have a fun day of golf and networking for industry professionals, and meet peers from the SPE Calgary Section.
Your commitment to our tournament is greatly appreciated and we truly hope that you will be interested in supporting the SPE Calgary Section Annual Golf Tournament and Scholarship Fundraiser.
What's in it for you?
This networking event has built a reputation for making valuable connections between those in the oil and gas industry. Though this year will look different there is still a chance to get out with your collogues and friends. This is a great chance to get exposure in front of company representatives from oil and gas operators and services. All sponsors will receive:
- REDUCED SPONSORSHIP AND REGISTRATION FEES
- On-course signage
- Verbal recognition at the event, where possible
- Logo recognition on the player’s handout
- Logo recognition on the SPE website and weekly email newsletters to over 2000 SPE members
If you feel your company or business would benefit from this exposure, we encourage you to reach out to discuss how we can offer you the best value for your sponsorship. email@example.com
Sponsorship Opportunities - ALL REDUCED
- Hole sponsor: $500 (14 available)
- Hole-in-one sponsor: $1000 (2 available)
- BBQ sponsor: $1750 (2 available)
- Drink sponsor: $1000 (1 available)
- Driving Range sponsor: $500 (1 available)
- Mask Sponsor: $1500 (1 Available)
- Golf Cart sponsor: $1500 (1 available)
- Dinner/Tournament sponsor: $2500 (1 available)
How to become a sponsor
- Please click “Register” to view the available sponsorship options.
- Online payment is available for your convenience. But due to the high credit card fees associated with this service, we’d appreciate your payment by cheque or e-transfer. These savings will allow us to take your sponsorship dollars farther!
- If you’d prefer to be invoiced or pay by cheque, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
We have planned this event early to be proactive in providing our members with a socially distant outdoor networking event in anticipation of current COVID-19 gathering restrictions being revised. We are committed to providing value to our members in hosting our events within provincial health and safety guidelines. Due to the changing provincial guidelines regarding COVID-19, details of the event may be changed or modified to abide with all COVID-19 policies and restrictions.
For the Valley Ridge Golf course re launch considerations & COVID-19 policies please visit their website here.
This event is planned assuming that COVID-19 gathering restrictions will be revised by June. We are still quite a bit away from the tournament date, so we ask that you be flexible as things may change as the current provincial guidelines and restrictions evolve. At the time of the tournament, our event will follow ALL provincial COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines. At this time (March 1, 2021), the current gathering restrictions dictate NO indoor gatherings and a max of 10 people for outdoor gatherings with no indoor component. We have addressed any potential concerns below to ensure that this event is safe and within guidelines. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Will there be any organized activities?
- We will plan to hold the BBQ lunch and dinner and will evaluate this activity as per provincial restrictions in June.
- There will be no Shot gun start and the numbers per hole will be evaluated based on provincial restrictions in June.
- What are you doing to ensure participants are social distancing and following covid-19 protocols?
- The golf course and participants will follow all mandatory mask guidelines.
- There will be no shot-gun start and tee times will be staggered.
- Golfers will be able to reserve a cart per player at no extra charge to avoid gathering outside of their household or cohort.
- Driving range capacity will be pending COVID-19 provincial restrictions in June.
- The BBQ lunch and dinner will be buffet-style and will be served by the caterers to avoid sharing of utensils. Capacity inside the clubhouse will be pending COVID-19 provincial restrictions in June. The option for individually packaged meals will also be evaluated if needed.
- All hole sponsors will be briefed on COVID-19 expectations and abide by all restrictions with respect to mask policies, outdoor gathering capacities, contactless activities and social distancing restrictions.
What precautions are you taking to ensure this event complies with COVID-19 restrictions?
All current provincial COVID-19 guidelines and policies must be followed by all participants. There will be a screening questionnaire and waiver sent out 48 hours prior to the event to acknowledge COVID-19 policies.
- We have an agreement with the golf course for a full refund should this activity (including outdoor gatherings and sports) still be restricted in June.
- The agreement also allows each participant to reserve their own cart free of charge (please request this in advance) in case gatherings outside of the household are still prohibited.
- Dining restrictions will also be evaluated in June to determine whether meals will be served or individually boxed.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy:
In the event that the current provincial COVID-19 guidelines change and do not allow the golf tournament to move forward, you will receive a full refund for your registration. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Cancellations and refunds will also be issued if:
- The venue is forced to close or capacity restrictions limit the number of attendees. In this case, attendees will be selected based on time of registration.
- Individuals have a mandated self-isolation
- Participant does not successfully pass the screening questions.
- Provincial guidelines change prohibiting the activity.